March 15, 2010

good morning, monday!


What a fabulous (and sunny) weekend! The highlight for me was venturing up to Napa on Sunday morning to give my cousin the Valley tour. Even a short escape for the day is always so relaxing. We started with a glass of bubbly on the patio of Domaine Chandon, and then enjoyed a delicious lunch at Rutherford Grill. We drove up winding roads to Calistoga and back down for cappuccino and shopping at Dean & Deluca, and finished with one last tasting at Alpha Omega. After all this fun, I think I'm officially ready to dive into Monday!

here's a few of my favorite valley indulgences for you to sample:
1. I don't know a girl who doesn't love chocolate so when I'm in St. Helena I visit, Woodhouse Chocolate for the prettiest
2. Dean & Deluca for a boutique grocery shopping + browsing experience over a cappuccino
3. I like my Pinot's from Santa Barbara so when I'm in Napa on a hot day I enjoy a white sauvignon blanc or chardonnay from Alpha Omega on the patio
4. sushi, and for some reason Go Fish is so deelish on a warm evening after a day of tasting
5. Indian Springs Resort and Spa in Calistoga is my first choice for a lovely bed, massage and day by the mineral pool
6. a sunset valley view from the bar at Auberge de Soleil

***Image taken at Alpha Omega

1 comment:

  1. yeah... that pretty much sounds like the best day EVER!

    P.S. I have an award for you on my blog ☺

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails